Useful External Links
- Soekris Engineering boxes. FloppyFW has its own Soekris version.
- Masq Apps A huge compilation of howtos on getting different network services masqueraded (including many games).
- MS DirectPlay module
- ipchains Log Analyzer
- A syslog daemon for Windows
- Mason Quite interesting thing.
- Shields UP! You can test your configuration with this one. It's a good laugh.
- Fwbuilder which now supports floppyfw. Don't know if it supports newer versions.
- Etherboot will have a script for making a netbootable floppyfw image. Ken Yap wrote it.
Forks / Similar Projects / Mirrors
- floppyfw-jt Fork based on 1.9.11. Seems only difference is the IPs used on internal net.
- Kochi Linux User Group's web pages This is a Japanese mirror of this site with the pages in Japanese. Seems last update was when version 1.0 was new.
- Floppyfw for MXstream A project on Sourceforge. Seems abandoned.
Information / Articles
- The floppyfw counter Seems outdated, but it's there.
- Understanding floppyfw A few years old but absoluteliy nice.
- A very nice and good article and howto from Sysdmin Magazine Based on the 1.0.5 version.
- Another small HOWTO on floppyfw Based on version 1.0.2. ( searching for floppyfw on Google is fun. )
- Coolgreen Computers in Japan sold a box with floppyfw preinstalled from january 2000 to august 2000. This works with the newer floppyfw versions, users can upgrade from the floppyfw that came with the distribution without too much hassle. (I know the link is dead, but it is such a cool fact that I didn't have the heart to remove it)
- http://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/firewalls/review-floppy-based-firewalls-security-considerations-808 A darn nice review in the SANS Magazine.